|by: Jim Cenname October 11, 2012.
Mom and Dad can no longer care for themselves but they want to remain in their own home. How do you help them get affordable care so they can remain there?
Below is a short list of topics and helpful links that can answer questions you have. We are happy to personally help you but we recognize you may want to do some research before you contact us.
- How much does home care cost?
- Metlife (the insurance company) published a cost survey in 2011. It describes a variety of types of senior care. The “Home Care” column should be used for reference to In-Home care. You will find a summary at the bottom of our Services web page or at MetLife’s website.
- How does a family pay for home care?
- Long term care is almost always the financial responsibility of the individual.
- Long Term Care Insurance, privately purchased from an insurance company.
- War-time veterans may have some government benefits through what is known as Aid and Attendance Improved Pension.
- Those who have little income or few assets may qualify for In-Home Support Services.
- Reverse Mortgages.
- How about do-it-yourself?
- This link shows a short video on how to be The family caregiver. Use the coupon code: FAM%free for free access to this helpful video. There are pros and cons to being a family caregiver. We want to you make an informed decision. Please read this article to understand.
Most of these links take you away from our website. Please keep in mind we are not affiliated with these resources, use your best judgement to evaluate your options.
Call us now at 657-217-2273 if you would like to know more.